Sunday, December 12, 2010

weakened by the weekend

"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now."
  - Morrissey

May I just say that my university is not correct in assuming that giving us "study days" and canceling class Thursday and Friday will help us do any better on our finals next week. We just use it as an excuse to start the weekend early. And indeed I did. So since we started the party on Wednesday night, me and a few friends all settled for the more relaxing option of a movie night last night. Needless to say we got bored. I mean there's only so many times you can watch " The Big Lebowski". Just kidding, I've actually never seen it so I should have taken advantage of it. But instead we decided to put on some music, invite a few more people over, you know turn it into one of those cool relaxed, unexpected parties where you have way more fun anyway because you didn't have to stress over what outfit you wanted to wear. I CANNOT wait to get my camera from home and start documenting my life on here because last night was so unexpectedly fun I wish I had proof of it besides my good word.


Hhhmm what happened before Saturday night? Margarita Miercoles was quite fun, although I had an impromptu outfit change right before we went. I actually wore flower leggings and a flower in my hair and just a black blazer. I even added mauve lips and a fake mole. So Latin-inspired I was!

On Thursday we went to this restaurant called Nara and stayed pretty late. The outfit for that night was slightly inspired by Rihanna in her new video for "What's my name". I am obsessed with her style and especially in that video! So she wears every kind of jewelery imaginable and a striped blazer with a plain black tank. I had to improvise and wear a black blazer with a striped tank underneath. I also love all the colors she wears so i threw in some acid wash denim and multicolored costume jewels. I also was inspired by her socks! every little detail counts. So I finally fulfilled my dream of wearing socks with heels.

Friday was a fun night for outfitting, but not so much the night life. I feel like Ke$ha in my striped mini, ripped fishnets and combat boots. of course, too much jewelery. We exchanged secret santa gifts and I got this awesome shirt from a brand I didn't even know existed! I got my roomie some kewl jewels and a belt. My friend bought this sparkly nail polish and everyone used it. I have to agree its pretty fabulous.







THIS IS THE SHIRT ! look down
With a blazer and leggings. Very nice. Unisex!




 Here's a task for the end. Buy (cheap!) white canvas sneakers and stud them yourself with those gold tacks that fold down on both sides! I will be trying this. Pictures soon! Also my friend is starting a blog about how to make things she can't afford to buy so when that happens I will post the link and be following her!
here's what the idea should look like
all that from this...
for half the price of Tom's!
Good luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment