Wednesday, December 1, 2010

black & pink friday

So everyone (who doesn't know me anonymously) knows i love my food, but this blog is for the ultimate fashionista, so i must talk about BLACK FRIDAY!

So after i barely napped after my food induced coma on Thanksgiving, i woke up at 5 am and headed to center city with my mommy & my fellow fashionista bff.
Urban Outfitters was having a half off sale even in their sale section!
I couldn't even bring myself to like something that is over 20 dollars, but i got really cool stuff for my budget!

I'm really digging military inspired looks so of course i needed army boots, cargos & an army green jacket. Yes I've picked that over a new trench coat.





I cant wait to try all these looks out! especially heels with my cargos for a tough girly girl vibe.

I also purchased a British flag tee to add a more punk feel to any outfit.

Not quite like this..
 (MY FAVE SPICE GIRL!)

But more like this...


A little bit more laid back.


So this is the bad girl portion of the items i purchased, but i also bought some sweet, mod mustard colored pants. I cant wait to wear them with a cutoff sleeve tee and if i have the guts, a pixie a la Twiggy. Or Audrey here




Although these styles are very different, they have the theme of past times in common. It kind of makes me wonder what defines the 2000s era of fashion? I believe it is taking all past eras and revamping them for today's youth culture. So you might see someone wearing different pieces from all different eras, with layered chains or multiple rings on, something that started with us.

But perhaps there are certain icons that describe today's no rules, do what you want fashion styles.
Think Nicki Minaj. Although not everyone would wear this stuff, she makes fashion worth staring at.
She wore a number straight off the runway, something most bazillionares wouldn't dare try.

I have to admit  i am not this daring. So lets get back to the more demure pieces i purchased.

Army jacket, skinny acid wash jeggings, black silver detail leggings and a woven gray bag.
I can try this look, can't wait!


i love this look! it is so effortlessly chic! right down to the shades.

I have to admit i miss summer, but who says you cant wear sunglasses in the cold weather? There's still a glare right?
I just found this new blog/fashion website and im obsessed!
She finds vintage pieces in thrift stores and sells them all for under 20 dollars! genius!
I want these!


 This, like everything in fashion, brings us back full circle to my point about recreating classic fashion from past eras for today's culture. These are ultra mod.

I leave you with a task. 
Mix together sweats, a blazer and a fancy shoe, perhaps even a heel? Everyone owns these pieces, but never mixes them! Try it!



Good luck yall!
Baci & abbracci!






No comments:

Post a Comment